Monday, June 2, 2008

Office Drama

Today was a bit of a downer. Apparently, our graphic artist overheard our CEO talking to a potential investor and mentioning where our stock was allocated. When he heard the percentage that was going to employees, he did some simple math and figured out that he was getting a smaller cut than the rest of us. This in conjunction with getting chewed out about some work he had done made him pretty upset. I think we'll end up losing him, which will be a big difficulty. Who says that you can't have office drama with a company of four?

This weekend, I got a used couch and love seat from a friend. The couch is a lot more comfortable than the one I had, plus it has a really comfy chase attached that is nice to lie down on. I still couldn't help but feel buyer's remorse, though, especially since I now need to figure out how to get rid of the old couch and love seat, which I don't think I have room for.

3 comments:

Jill Crooks said...

Call Desert Industries or Good Will. If you donate them, they will usually come and pick them up free of charge and haul them off. Plus it is a tax write off :)

M A Haddox said...

Set up a "Free nap for an hour" business on your front porch for passerby's, husbands looking for a break, or non-devote joggers.

I understand anyone wanting more than what they have, but graphic design is something wher eyou can almost pick up anybody from anywhere. They need to understand that and weigh in a bit more on what they can contribute to the company. This is my outside point of view and may not apply, but it's also what I've seen when working in the ASP business.

James and Tessie Page said...

My experience has been the smaller the workplace, the MORE drama potential.