Monday, June 23, 2008

The Mother of All Games, in 3D

Sooooo soooooore! It was hard to drag myself into the gym again today, but I did it, and this time when I came home I didn't have to dry heave. Progress!

For lunch today, I got to reap the benefits of being a geek within a community of geeks. A bunch of us gathered in Starbucks with laptops and played Scorched Earth 3D. And I won! Jessica and Joe probably remember the original Scorched Earth for DOS that I spent a lot of time playing. It was that game that inspired me to learn the C++ programming language back in high school. Maybe video games aren't a waste of time after all.

Tomorrow will not be a pleasant day, and not just because of muscle aches. Tomorrow's the due date for the new programmers' work assignments, and they're behind. We're probably going to let one of them go, because he hasn't proven productive or a quick learner. How very unpleasant.

Today's weigh-in: 164

3 comments:

Jessica Haddox said...

Ha! Scorched Earth!

I'm sore too. We ended up getting Wii Fit a few days ago with a GameStop gift card Mike had. I guess an hour of rhythmic boxing was a bit too much, but it sure was fun. My entire upper body hurts today. Yesterday, it was my legs, but they don't hurt at all today. What's next? Sore hair and fingernails? Guess I need to do some more yoga. That seems to help stretch out sore muscles. Might have to skip strength training though. I'm a whimp when it comes to pain.

kitsunami said...

That's got to be my favourite DOS game EVAR.

M A Haddox said...

Ahhh, Scorched Earth.. I'll ahve to look for it and see if we can network... What we REALLY need, however, is a working version of Worms [Variation]. So many memories of playing Armageddon with Joe and Jessica.

About Wii Fit... Don't do your stretching exercizes under a moving ceiling fan.



..ouch.