Thursday, June 19, 2008

Death Cab For Cutie

Today my tech writer friend started working at our company. Not much beyond that happened at work, except I got some nasty bugs fixed. One of the new programmers is turning out to be very good, but the other, more expensive one doesn't seem to be getting much done.

After work, we went to Mesa to a Death Cab for Cutie concert. There were some good songs (their radio hits), but most of their music was a bit uninteresting to me. Plus, the concert was in an outdoor amphitheater, which is not ideal for Arizona in the summertime. Still, it was a fun outing.

Before the concert, one of my friends really wanted to go to Taco Time. He was excited that one finally opened in the Valley (he's from Washington). There must be some strange nostalgic memories he's got attached to it, because I never found Taco Time back in Idaho any more interesting than Taco Bell or Taco John's. I did have some tasty tater tots stuffed with cheese and jalapeƱo.

1 comment:

Jill Crooks said...

Death Cab for Cutie??? It makes one wonder what inspired the name.