Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wii Fit

Mom had mentioned this earlier, and the New York Times ran this article on it:

Wii Fit looks very interesting. I've often used DDR for exercise, but this has more exercise variety. I may have to pick it up.

5 comments:

Jill Crooks said...

If I purchase a wii, what suggestions do you have? Do you know if it comes with software? Is it easy to hook up?

Unknown said...

Setting up the Wii is pretty easy. It already comes with all the software it needs to operate, plus the Wii Sports game. It can connect to a wireless router to download updates and access the Internet. Hooking it up to the TV is also easy. The only extra step is putting the sensor bar on the TV so that the remote control works.

Jessica Haddox said...

We might try to get Wii Fit too, but aparantly, it's going to cost $90. Yeouch! And I thought the regular Wii games were expensive! Luckily, Mike has around $50 in gift cards at Game Stop as an incentive for doing some surveys.

Mom, the Wii Sports game that comes with the Wii is still one of the best games out there for the system. It does have a little fitness test thing, but not as extensive as Wii Fit or DDR. Still, it's a great way to get moving. Very fun too. Mike and I stayed up all night till the remote batteries were dead playing tennis the first night we got it.

Speaking of which, if you got a wii, you might eventually want to get rechargable batteries and a charger station for them.

James and Tessie Page said...

Speaking of accessories:

I don't have a wii but one of my friends does. I would recommend using the wrist lanyard EVERY single time you play with your wii. He was playing golf and sent his controller through the screen of his 50" plasma. Yikes!

Jill Crooks said...

I'm still trying to decide if I can purchase a wii. thanks for all of the tips. We got our 50" plazma on Tuesday. I really like it. It would be horrible to break the screen!! I read up on the wii Fit. Thanks for sending the link.