I was happy to find out that two more of my family members have started to blog. I really like this method of keeping in touch, and I look forward to continued updates.
Lately, I've been spending way too many hours at work. Our company is starting a pilot program (beta) with a major broadcast network soon, and there's a lot for me to get done. Mainly, I've been making some touch-ups on our software, setting up our servers, and writing documentation. Later this week, I'll be flying out to Menlo Park, CA to talk to their software engineers. Next week or this weekend, I'll be going to Atlanta, GA, to talk to another media partner. I'm excited for the fruits of our labor to go live, but I'm also nervous about what might go wrong.
At night, I'm quite the couch potato. Currently, my favorite TV shows are "Lost" and "Battlestar Galactica," which Joe got the Haddoxes to start watching. I also recently watched the last of an HBO series, "John Adams." That show taught me a lot about the American Revolution, early politics, and the personalities of our Founding Fathers. What do you guys like watching?
7 comments:
*sigh* Yes, we are official geeks now, I guess. Add to my list of favorite shows The Office and 30 Rock. Also, I've been trying to find a cheaper place to buy the full Get Smart series on DVD than through Time Life.
Good luck with your project. Are you at liberty to say which network your meeting with? Have fun in your travels. I hope you have the time to do some sight seeing as well.
I'll give more details once we go live. I kind of worry about putting too many details about my job on a public web site; my boss might not approve. I hope that within a month or two we won't have to be in stealth mode anymore.
I knew it, It's Enron.
Jay, I'm pretty sure we passed the official geek threshold when we were known as the Petrushka couple at Ricks. Also shortly after we edited our faces in place of anima characters. We also made a Veggietales mix CD that with opening and ending dialogues which we burned and gave to everyone for Christmas with the title "N'Sink"...
Good luck, Jacob! Nowadays companies can get pretty picky in approving things in your market.
Petrushka couple? Sounds like an interesting story that I missed.
Not that interesting. There is a chord called a Petrushka Chord that is actually two arpeggiated chords from two completely different keys superimposed on one another. It is called this because it was used in Stravinsky's composition Petrushka. Anyhow, for dorkdom's sake, we used to sing that chord.
Along the same lines, I knew Clint just might be dorky enough to be a music major when he told me he found himself singing solfege (do re mi) to songs from Ocarina of Time.
Post a Comment