Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dead-end Day

Today I spent many hours trying to track down what I thought was a bug in our software. It turned out to just be something happening on my computer. Once I discovered this, it was already the end of the day, so I was pretty annoyed with myself for wasting so much time. On the plus side, our biggest investor (a big-shot former MLB pitcher) bought us delicious lunch at a slightly pricey joint.

Other highlights for the day:

  • I got a pretty good haircut.
  • I saw a guy rocketing down a sidewalk on a bicycle carrying two bulk-sized diaper packages. He was almost hit by a car. That would have been very sad, but on the other hand, he could have been remembered as dying while sacrificing himself for his family.
  • I saw a girl with neat glasses in a drive-through. I challenged myself to compliment her on her glasses, but I ended up not saying anything because she looked grumpy and I feared she would think I was hitting on her and would get angry.

2 comments:

M A Haddox said...

..or spit in your food.

So, if he did get hit by the car, would those diapers prevent his blood from leaking onto the pavement?

Unknown said...

This proves you're a father; the absorbency of the diapers enters your mind.