The other day, a coworker stated that bosses suck. He asked me to concur. I had to think about it. After some thought, I've concluded that I like them. Here's why:
On my computers, I just now counted 11 software projects that I started and never finished. 11! And that's just going back to 2006. I've only published two small software packages independently, and I haven't updated them in a year. However, at work, I'm very good at getting things done quite well and on time. I wonder if it wasn't for the stress of losing income and fear of letting people down if I'd get anything done at all!
Speaking of not getting anything done at all, I had/am having a very uneventful Memorial Day weekend. On Saturday I worked from 10 until 6, and the rest of the time I just read, played video games, and did laundry. Most people are out having interesting adventures, but I rarely have the initiative for starting that sort of thing. If someone else comes up with the idea, I'm always game. But when I'm left to my own devices, it ends up with me wasting my life away.
So I wonder if I got a boss for my life if I'd be more fulfilled. Maybe that's what a wife's for. Haha, that's a horrible thing to say.
Well, I think I'm going to continue working on one of the video games projects I started. I'm going to finish it this time, I swear!
4 comments:
A boss for life sounds like a good deal to me!
Having a wife is actually a promotion TO boss, especially when she's working in the kitchen.
"Make me some sammiches!"
That's exactly what a gf er wife is for! ^o^
Post a Comment