The New York section of my vacation has concluded. I stayed in a hotel in Midtown Manhattan, which was a great location because it put me within walking distance of a lot of cool places. Unfortunately, it was also right across from a fire station, which might explain why it was so much cheaper than the neighboring hotels. I can see why they call it the city that never sleeps, since all the honking horns and sirens sort of prevent that from happening.
Beyond my annoyances with traffic, New York is a pretty cool place. I found myself constantly impressed at the immensity of the city, and I only stuck around Manhattan. It was fun to wander around, especially through Central Park, but I was glad that there was usually a taxi within summoning distance when I got worn out.
This set of pictures didn't turn out very well, largely due to the fact that I chose lousy times of day in which to snap pictures (oh, and my lack of skills in photography). Here they are anyway. By the way, if you go directly to my Flickr page, you can see captions and descriptions that give a back story on some of the photos and give more details about my vacation. Otherwise, some of this stuff is pretty inexplicable. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment